We have expanded our distribution agreement with Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (“Chevron Phillips Chemical”) to supply its AlphaPlus® normal alpha olefin (NAO) product line to North America. Chevron Phillips Chemical is celebrating over 50 years of producing the AlphaPlus brand of NAOs. Known for their high purity, these chemistries are available in a wide range of fractions from C6 to C30+.
Normal alpha olefins, featuring highly accessible terminal double bonds, are ideal materials for manufacturing numerous products. Normal alpha olefins or their derivatives are used extensively as polyethylene comonomers, plasticizers, synthetic motor oils, lubricants, automotive additives, surfactants, and in wide range of specialty applications. As major petrochemical building blocks, their use in the development of new chemical products is virtually limitless.
- Used to prepare homopolymers, copolymers and polyethylene copolymers such as high-density polyethylene (HDPE), linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), and very low-density polyethylene (VLDPE).
- Excellent intermediates for producing alpha olefin sulfonate (AOS) surfactants, detergent alcohols, linear alkyl benzene sulfonates (LABS), amine derivatives such as alkyl dimethyl amines (ADMAs), and alkane sulfonates.
- Function as base for polyalphaolefins (PAOs) and polyol esters which both can be used for lubricant oil additives and drilling fluids.
- Used to produce primary plasticizer alcohols, alkenyl succinic anhydrides (ASAs), and polyvinylchloride (PVC) lubricants and stabilizers.
- Find application in many other formulations such as: epoxides, mercaptans, ketones, esters, pyrazines, alkyl phosphines, alkyl silanes, and as a substitute for paraffins and paraffin waxes.